Jonathan Davies Everest 2010

Jonathan Davies Everest 2010
Photographer Paul Donavan

Friday 2 April 2010

The Night Before


I`ve packed, re-packed then packed again, and I`m still 4kg over weight. I`ve decided to bite the bullet and cough up at the airport if neccassary. I feel there`s nothing i can take out without a consequence. Anyway thouroghly knackered after the goodbyes`. I think both my wife Beth and I are just ready to get on with the challenge that lies ahead. I`m not sure what`s a bigger challenge, Everest or our 2yr old daughter for 10 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. A challenging week for team leader Mrs Davies and Sherpa Wobbles acclimatising to life at sub base camp. The excess of oxygen has caused hypo-activia and several conifers have been attacked with rusty saws and blunt axes. Food is average (Mrs Davies now in control of the mess tent).Brief sightings have been made of the elusive garden yetti(otherwise known as toad) and the greatest hazard of the challenge(comfort spending)has been minimised to a Jamie Oliver collander (yes we do need one)and some plants. Sent from sub bsae camp with all love, B&I xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isla clearly gutted at your imminent departure. Hope all is going well - we keep wondering where you might be by now. Hope the tan's coming on well and stock up on those everest postcards that you can just scan onto your blog. Keep safe, keep strong and we're sending you lots of love. KBF&D xx

    ReplyDelete